165 Park Road
Batavia, New York 14020-1283
Business Office: (585) 345-3000
Dispatch Center: (585) 343-5000
Jail: (585) 343-0838
Fax Number: (585) 343-9129
Underage Drinking TIPLINE
"You know you care…make the call"
The Genesee County Sheriff's Office
is responsible for the following services:
Community Services/Victim's Assistance
The Mission of the Genesee County Sheriff's Office is to provide public service and protection to the citizens of the community. The responsibilities associated with this Mission are many. They include:
- the enforcement of all federal, state and local laws
- maintaining peace and order in the county
- protecting property and personal safety
- providing professional public safety dispatching services, animal control
- generally assisting citizens in need.
- providing a safe and secure jail - ensuring proper care, custody, treatment,
supervision and discipline for all persons committed to the custody of the Sheriff
- properly receive and execute any and all legal civil processes referred to the
Office of the Sheriff
The members of the Genesee County Sheriff's Office, by joining this Department, are expected to carry out these responsibilities diligently, courteously and professionally; and to take pride in the service they provide.
- We are accountable to the community for all that we do.
- We believe that honesty and integrity are cornerstones of character, and that we must live up to the high standards established by this Office and the law enforcement profession.
- We believe that we must treat each other, and the citizens we serve, with the utmost respect, compassion and dignity.
- We must change to meet challenges of the present and future, and we are dedicated to work towards a better, safer and more prosperous community.
- We take pride in ourselves, our organization and the people we serve.
- We believe every member of this Office should be provided with the opportunities to reach personal and professional fulfillment.