- Foreclosed on properties owing the 2017 tax. The auction netted approximately $131,982 from this sale. This marks the sixteenth consecutive year of attaining a net profit from the tax property foreclosure sale.
- Successfully completed 2019 calendar year audit with independent auditing firm Freed, Maxick & Battaglia. The County received an unqualified opinion and was notified that the County’s financial operations are run very well.
- The County did not issue any new debt in 2020. The most recent bond rating from 2019 by S&P Rating Agency is AA-.
- At the request of the Town of Stafford, the Treasurer’s Office collected their 2020 tax bills during the Town’s collection period.
- The contract with Three+One to help increase interest earnings has continued to be very successful. Despite the current low interest rate environment, the County has been able to achieve very competitive interest earnings.
- Continued to support all of the local assessors in carrying out their assessment duties. Supported the City of Batavia and the Towns of Alexander, Batavia, Bergen, Bethany, Byron, Darien, Elba, LeRoy, Oakfield, Pavilion, Pembroke and Stafford with annual assessment update duties for the 2020 assessment rolls. Continued collaboration with IT to house countywide assessment data for the entire county.
- Continued maintenance of online assessment data via the Online Assessment Roll System (OARS), Parcel History Database (PHD), and other forms and information located on the County website. Continued support of the tax map layer and assessment information for GIS.
- The Real Property Division has continued the tax map maintenance contract with the Orleans County Real Property Department to perform the tax map maintenance of over 22,000 parcels in Orleans County.