|Rapid COVID-19 Testing Clinics
Click here to register for the upcoming rapid testing clinics in Genesee.
Please complete the Rapid COVID-19 Test Intake Form and bring it with you to your appointment.
What if I haven't Gotten My Test Results Back?
What if I tested Positive? Negative?
New York State PAUSE Enforcement Assistance Task Force:
Individuals can file a complaint by completing an online form or by calling 1-833-789-0470.
COVID-19 Travel Advisory:
Click here to complete the Traveler Health Form. To report a non-compliant traveler, individuals can file a complaint by completing an online form or by calling 1-833-789-0470.
Click here to find a test site near you.
CommCare - Genesee County: Precautionary Quarantine Order & Instructions for Genesee County
CommCare - Orleans County: Precautionary Quarantine Order & Instructions for Orleans County
In response to all the concerns and ongoing news about the international outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re adding this web page to make sure that Genesee and Orleans County residents have the most up-to-date and comprehensive information possible about this fluid situation.
Our Health Department team continues to receive regular updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH). Our team is in constant communication with our regional and local partners including emergency management, health care providers, first responders and law enforcement to ensure we have the appropriate resources and response plans in place if the COVID-19 virus continues to spread and is found locally in our communities.
Our primary goal is to be timely and transparent with factual information and to relay that information so our residents can make informed decisions to protect yourself and your families.
The primary prevention message is to practice standard precautions similar to that which we encourage for our typical flu season. These include: maintaining social distance of at least 6ft., wearing a face mask or cloth face shield in public settings, washing your hands often, covering your coughs and sneezes, and of the most importance, stay home from work and avoid public places if you are ill.
Information is rapidly changing regarding this virus. This page will be regularly updated with current, factual information and additional guidance. If you have questions, please call the NYS Coronavirus general information Hotline at 888-364-3065.
Thanks for your anticipated vigilance in responding to this situation in our GO health region.
Paul A. Pettit
Public Health Director
Genesee & Orleans County Health Departments
We continue to encourage social distancing where people avoid gathering in public places, limit contact with others; stay home if you are sick; if you are older and/or are immunocompromised with underlying health conditions stay home.
COVID-19 may cause symptoms including:
- Trouble breathing
“It is important to remain calm and focus on trusted, accurate information listed below,” stated Pettit. “We understand everyone wants to be updated but want to make sure the information is factual.”
For more information about prevention the state health department has an information call center for questions and answers about travel and symptoms regarding COVID-19. The number is 1-888-364-3065. Or you can visit the following websites:
- New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Genesee County Health Department
- Orleans County Health Department
The Health Departments will provide updates as appropriate.
While there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, these simple steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses, including the flu (influenza) which is currently widespread:
- If you need to go to your primary care provider, a health center or the emergency room, call ahead to let them know your symptoms, travel and contact history.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick. If you have a fever, vomiting and/or diarrhea you should stay home at least 24 hours after the last incident without fever-reducing / anti-diarrhea medications.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue cover your mouth with your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Information for the General Public:
How to protect yourself form COVID-19 and many other communicable diseases:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (the length of the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end, twice). If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Follow step by step instructions here:
- COVID Alert NY
- Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting for Re-opening America
- New York State PAUSE Enforcement Assistance Task Force: To file a complaint regarding the operation of non-essential businesses or gatherings
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- Guidance on Responsible Recreation During the COVID-19 Public Health Crisis
- Guidance for Large Gatherings
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
- Stay Cyber Safe
- Coping Tips for COVID-19
- Preventing Spread of COVID-19 in Our Communities
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Summary page on Coronavirus
- State Department of Health Coronavirus Summary
- Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), stop the spread of rumors
- For Genesee County call 585-344-1611
- For Orleans County call 585-589-3191
If you are struggling emotionally, please call the Care + Crisis Helpline at 585-283-5200, text 741741 or call the NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-884-863-9314. You are not alone.Pre-K to Grade 12 School Reopening
- Interim Guidance for In-Person Instruction at Pre-K to Grade 12 Schools
- New York State Guidance for Students / Staff Attending School
- GO Health FAQ for School Reopening
- COVID-19 School Report Card
- GO Health Positive Screening Algorithm
- New York State Education Department
- CDC Poster - Stay Home When You Are Sick
- CDC Children’s Mental Health
- New York Forward Business Reopening Lookup Tool
- Industries Reopening by Phases
- Business Safety Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions on New York Forward and Business Reopening
- NYS Health Metrics
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- GO Health Phased Reopening Response
- New York Forward Booklet
- NYS on PAUSE Enforcement Assistance Taskforce
- NYS DOH COVID -19 Travel Advisory
- Quarantine Restrictions on Travelers Arriving in NYS Following Out of State Travel
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Quarantine Restrictions on Travelers Arriving in New York State Following Out of State Travel
- CDC Information for Travel
- NYSDOH Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Monitoring and Movement Restrictions
- Information for Healthcare Providers
- CDC Information for Health Care Professionals
- NYSDOH Notice to the Health Care Provider
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Respirators and Their Use
- CDC Interim Guidance for Emergency Medical Services Systems
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Information on COVID-19 Vaccine Development
- Strategies to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 in Long-term Care Facilities - CDC
- Interim Guidance for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 in Outpatient Hemodialysis Facilities - CDC
- Do Not Visit Signage - Dated 03/20
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations - CDC
- Executive Order 202.16 Requiring Face Coverings for Public and Private Employees Interacting with the Public
- Interim Guidance for Public and Private Employees Returning to Work Following COVID-19 Infection or Exposure
- Interim Guidance for Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- New York on PAUSE the Governor's Guidance on Essential Services
- Food Manufacturing Facilities or Food Retail Stores
- Interim Guidance for Procedures When Identifying an Employee with Concerns for COVID-19 Exposures
- Business Preparedness (CDC) - Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Continuity of Operations Planning (Disaster Information Management Research Center) - In Case of Emergencies: Continuity of Operations (COOP) Planning
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- FAQ About Monitoring and Movement Restrictions for COVID-19 (NYSDOH)
- When and How to Wash Hands
- When and How to Use Hand Sanitizers
- Share Facts Not Rumors about COVID-19
- Cleaning Guidance for Houses of Worship