Take the following quiz to find out. Record your answers and check them on the answers page.
True or False?
- A family emergency plan is the best way to prepare you and your loved ones for a natural disaster or terrorist act.
- A family emergency plan consists of having emergency supplies and a first aid kit handy.
- Every family member should be familiar with your emergency plan since they each play an important role.
- It's a good idea to identify a centrally located room in your house or space in your basement, in case you and your family need to "shelter in place."
- It's important to keep phone numbers for the police, fire, local health department, poison control center and an out-of the-area family contact by each phone.
- If you need to go to a public emergency shelter, your pets can go, too.
- If you have duct tape and plastic, do not use it to seal a room-unless officials tell you to.
- You should have at least a three day supply of emergency food and water on hand.
- You need to have a first aid kit at home, even if you doctor is nearby.
- Since terrorism is unlikely in my community, preparing for emergencies is not as important for me as it is for some other people.