- The legitimate objective of government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all in separate and individual capacities. (Abraham Lincoln)
- To this end, Genesee County Government promotes the basic, health, safety, and welfare for all citizens within its jurisdiction.
- Genesee County Government actively promotes a strong, diverse economic base and efficient services to create a quality of life which values our County as a desirable place to work and live.
- Genesee County Government focuses on a vision of the future which clarifies its role represents the citizens, and respects its heritage.
- Genesee County Government is committed to an environment of cooperation, integrity and openness, with a desire to elicit active citizen participation.