Social Services


HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) is a federally funded program which is designed to supplement the heating needs of vulnerable and low income households. To see if you qualify, you should call 344-2580 between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM for an appointment. If you are already receiving Temporary Assistance, or SNAP, you should contact your worker if you have questions about your HEAP benefit.

Households in the following living situations are not eligible:

  • individuals paying room and/or room and board in a private residence;
  • individuals temporarily housed in a motel/hotel or recreational vehicles;
  • residents of government provided housing on military bases with no heat or utility bills in their names;
  • migrant/seasonal farm workers with no heating or heat related expenses;
  • individuals living in a motor vehicle or a van.

When applying for HEAP, you will need to provide the following documentation: Proof of residence, household composition, proof of income, your utility vendor and resources, if you have an emergency.