"The Genesee County History Department is an educational institution dedicated to the collection, preservation, research, interpretation, and promotion of archival materials relating to the County."
The purpose of this department is to provide protection and a systematic control for the records created by our local government. Records Management is an administrative service that ensures the legal disposition of obsolete records, identifies, preserves, and encourages the use of archival records, provides efficient records storage, and makes records available when needed.
The goal of this department is to ensure that records are properly administered and available to local government officials, citizens, and researchers.
- Assistance and Research for Requests
- Public Speaking in our County Schools and Organizations
- Tours of the Department and the Records Center
- Referrals to Historical Agencies and New York State Historians
- Assistance with Records Storage and Preservation