Court Facility Building
1 West Main Street
Batavia, New York 14020
City Court: (585) 201-5764
County Court: (585) 201-5731
Commissioner of Jurors: (585) 201-5719
Family Court: (585) 201-5717
Supreme Court: (585) 201-5728
Surrogate Court: (585) 201-5733
Court forms are available on the New York State Unified Court System's web page at www.courts.state.ny.us.
The Mission of the New York State Unified Court System
The mission of the New York State Unified Court System is to promote the rule of law and to serve the public by providing just and timely resolution of all matters before the courts.
In so doing, the Judiciary provides a forum for the peaceful, fair and prompt resolution of civil claims, family disputes, criminal charges, charges of juvenile delinquency, disputes between citizens and their government, and challenges to government actions; supervises the administration of estates of decedents, considers adoption petitions and presides over matters involving the dissolution of marriages; provides legal protection for children, mentally ill persons, and others entitled by law to the special protection of the law; and regulates the admission of lawyers to the bar and their conduct.
The following goals have been established to accomplish this mission:
- To treat every person with fairness and courtesy.
- To administer the courts in a manner that promotes respect for the law and public confidence in the fairness and integrity of the judicial process.
- To resolve cases with finality and reasonable dispatch.
- To support case management in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- To promote public understanding of, and access to, the courts.